The ACH Originations API enables partner applications to securely originate domestic ACH payment (credit) or collection (debit) requests. With an interface intentionally designed for simplicity, ACH origination doesn’t require extensive knowledge of National Automated Clearing House Association (NACHA) terminology or file format. This makes integrating with U.S. Bank easier and faster than ever before.
Create and manage various account transactions with greater speed and efficiency.
- Originate domestic ACH payments or collections.
- Send originated ACH transactions at standard or same-day speeds.
- Receive timely confirmation on ACH origination requests.
Originated payment management
- Retrieve submitted ACH transaction details and status.
- Cancel a submitted ACH transaction.
- Subscription to ACH return and notification of change (NOC) alerts.
Example use cases
Work with customers to make transactions fast, easy, and simple.
- Pay businesses for procurement of supplies.
- Refund a customer.
- Reimburse employees for expense reports.
- Settlement of a claim.
- Pay a contractor.
- Collect on funds due.
- Enterprise resource planning systems
- Accounts payable applications
- Insurance or healthcare providers
- Aviation companies
- Customer relationship management (CRM) systems
- ACH Payments will not be processed on bank holidays or weekends.
- Same-day ACH payments must be requested prior to 11 a.m. CT.