The ACH Originations API enables partner applications to securely originate domestic ACH payment (credit) or collection (debit) requests. With an interface intentionally designed for simplicity, ACH origination doesn’t require extensive knowledge of National Automated Clearing House Association (NACHA) terminology or file format. This makes integrating with U.S. Bank easier and faster than ever before.
Create and manage various account transactions with greater speed and efficiency.
- Originate domestic ACH payments or collections.
- Send originated ACH transactions at standard or same-day speeds.
- Receive timely confirmation on ACH origination requests.
- Send payee token in place of account and routing numbers to mitigate risk of storing recipient bank account details.
- Use NACHA standardized practices and formatting of Micro-Entries as a method of account validation.
Originated payment management
- Retrieve submitted ACH transaction details and status.
- Cancel a submitted ACH transaction.
- Subscription to ACH return and notification of change (NOC) alerts.
Test ACH Originations API features in a sandbox environment by adding it to a project.
Example use cases
Pay businesses for procurement of supplies.
A product manager in the treasury department of a large corporation is tasked with improving efficiencies in the procure-to-pay process for the organization. The ACH Originations API helps the product manager and conveniently submit payments to vendors and suppliers.
Settle claims with payment management.
An insurance company is looking for a solution for their insurance application to disburse insurance claims and collect monthly bills. Using the ACH Originations API, the company can manage all customer payments and collections with one API connection.
- ACH Payments are not processed or posted on weekends or bank holidays. However, clients who use ACH Origination via API are configured for Sunday/Holiday processing and will have the ability to submit transactions between 9 p.m. CT on Friday and 9 p.m. CT on Sunday with a Monday effective date (Tuesday will be the effective date when Monday is a bank holiday). They will also be able to submit transactions on a bank holiday before the 9 p.m. CT cutoff with a next business day effective date.
- Same-day ACH payments must be requested prior to 2 p.m. CT.