The Real-Time Payments (RTP®) API enables partner applications to securely originate payment requests. With an interface intentionally designed for simplicity, Real-Time Payments origination doesn’t require extensive knowledge of the RTP® Network or ISO 20022 format. This makes integrating with U.S. Bank easier and faster than ever before.
Create and manage various account transactions with greater speed and efficiency.
Real-time payment initiation
- Originate B2B or B2C payments 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year and remittance information included.
- Funds are transferred within seconds.
- Payments are final and irrevocable.
Originated payment management
- Retrieve submitted real-time payment details and status.
- Improved receivables reconciliation.
Status updates via Webhooks
Subscribe to specific events and receive notifications in your desired format.
Example use cases
Work with customers to make transactions fast, easy and simple.
- Make a last-minute payment.
- Pay businesses for procurement of supplies.
- Refund a customer.
- Reimburse employees for expense reports.
- Settlement of a claim.
- Pay a contractor.
- Enterprise resource planning systems.
- Accounts payable applications.
- Insurance or healthcare providers.
- Various FinTech and Payment Services applications.
- Current credit transfer limits for the RTP® Network limits are $100,000 per transaction.
- The receiving bank must be part of the RTP network.
- Originated credit transfer messages are irrevocable.
- Credit push only.