1. Types of Information We Collect
We may collect "User Information" from Users of the Developer Portal. "User Information" includes (i) identifying information provided by, or collected about, a User through the Developer Portal that is necessary for U.S. Bank to identify the particular User; and (ii) any other information that may be provided by the User to U.S. Bank when utilizing the Developer Portal. Examples of such information include (i) any information provided by a User during the registration process in order to gain access to the Developer Portal, such as User name, postal address, email address, telephone number; (ii) other credentialing information (e.g., account number, access code, etc.); (iii) any User contact information; or (iv) any data provided by a User to U.S. Bank through the Developer Portal for purposes of developing, testing, or otherwise using in any way any application programming interface ("API") available through the Developer Portal.
For purposes of this Policy, User Information only includes information that is collected, provided, or otherwise obtained through the Developer Portal.
2. How We Collect Your Information
We collect User Information when you provide this information directly to U.S. Bank through the Developer Portal. In addition, some User Identifying Information may be collected about you by U.S. Bank through the use of "cookies," as explained in Section 5, below.
3. How We Use Your Information
User Information is used by U.S. Bank only for the following limited purposes:
- To respond to requests or inquiries from you;
- To process transactions requested by you through the Developer Portal;
- For billing and other administrative purposes necessary to manage and maintain your Developer Portal account;
- Consistent with local law, to verify your identity and/or location for security, fraud prevention and other risk control purposes;
- To provide choices and controls that may be available to you to personalize content and experiences on the Developer Portal;
- To send you information, via direct mail or electronic mail only, regarding products and services that U.S. Bank may make available to you, or about third party products and services that U.S. Bank believes may be of interest to you, changes to this Policy, and/or other similar administrative information;
- To detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal; and
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
4. How We Share Your Information
We do not share User Information with any party, affiliated or otherwise, for any purpose, except as otherwise provided in this Policy. We may share your User Information with third parties for the purpose of providing you with the services and functionality available through the Developer Portal. U.S. Bank requires all such third party service providers to maintain the confidentiality of information provided to them by us, and to use such information only to provide the specific product or service intended.
We may also share such information with third parties as follows:
- in response to subpoenas, or during the course of an audit or investigation, issued or initiated by courts, independent auditors, law enforcement agencies, or other governmental authorities, bodies or agencies;
- to prevent fraud; or
- as otherwise required by law.
U.S. Bank may share or disclose information about Users that is aggregated, anonymous or that otherwise does not identify any individual User to unaffiliated third-parties.
5. Online Tracking and Advertising
We and certain trusted service providers operating on our behalf collect information about User activity on the Developer Portal using tracking technologies, including:
Information collected through tracking technologies is used for many purposes including, for example, to:
- Provide useful features to simplify your experience when you return to the Developer Portal
- Deliver relevant content based on your preferences, usage patterns and location
- Monitor and evaluate the use and operation of the Developer Portal
- Analyze traffic on the Developer Portal and on websites or mobile applications of third parties
We may associate this tracking data with your registration information, in which case we will treat it as User Information. Service providers that collect tracking data on our behalf may provide an opportunity for you to choose not to be tracked online.
Occasionally, you may encounter banner advertisements for our products and services on third-party websites and mobile applications. We use third-party advertising service providers to distribute our advertisements on websites and mobile applications where we have paid to advertise. These advertisements may use tracking technologies to capture information such as IP address, browser type and usage information in order to track the effectiveness of our advertising efforts. Such tracking technologies do not capture personal information about you, and our advertising service providers are prohibited from using any information collected except to track advertising effectiveness.
In addition, we use advertising service providers such as Google, Yahoo and Bing to place advertisements for our accounts and services on websites not affiliated with us, and to help us determine which of our advertisements are most likely to be of interest to you using non-personal behavioral information. Advertisements placed by these service providers may use tracking technologies that allow monitoring of your responsiveness to such advertisements. We restrict access and collection of information by advertising service providers for purposes other than assisting us with our advertising efforts.
6. Data Security
Your privacy is very important to U.S. Bank and we are committed to protecting your User Information from unauthorized access or use. We have implemented physical, technical and administrative security measures that comply with federal law and industry standards, including network firewalls, Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption for online sessions, dedicated security teams and secured files and buildings. The Internet, however, is inherently unsecure, and U.S. Bank does not guarantee the security and confidentiality of information you provide through the Developer Portal.
Users have the responsibility to help U.S. Bank protect User Information by never revealing such information to unauthorized third parties.
7. Preventing User Information Theft
In order to help us protect your User Information, it is important that you always keep your Developer Portal account information safe, including any name, access code, account number, or other credential information used to gain access to the Developer Portal.
Note that U.S. Bank will never initiate a request via email or otherwise for your User Information. If you receive an email asking for such information, you should be suspicious of the request and promptly contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to report the suspicious activity.
8. Changes to the Policy
From time to time, we may make changes to this Policy in order to accommodate new technologies, industry practices, regulatory requirements or for other purposes. We encourage you to review this Policy periodically to ensure that you understand how we collect, use and share information through the Developer Portal. If we do make changes to this Policy, we will also update the "Effective Date" posted at the top of the Policy.
Any changes to the Policy will become effective when the revised Policy is posted on the Developer Portal. By continuing to use the Developer Portal following such changes, you are agreeing to accept the terms of the revised Policy.
9. Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this Policy, or our privacy practices generally, we encourage you to contact our customer service department by emailing us at email@example.com.